Thursday 26 January 2012

And so begins the next chapter.

So after three weeks of living in christchurch, I am very stoked to get something new started.  That being said, there's been some interesting things which I've done to pass the time....

-Bought a bike from a Kiwi bloke who raised cherries, and was a no-nonsense bike mechanic.  Small talk, hell no!  He wasn't having any of it, and I respected him for it, that and he built a huge cherry orchard and chicken farm in his backyard by himself.  Some folks are "built it with their-hands" people, including my cousin Amory, my friend Justin and my brother Owen, and it's something I want to emulate.


The Christchurch Chicken.
-Travelled to Timaru to visit a ladyfriend, which was....interesting :/ Spent 2 days in the smallest, strangest town in New Zealand reading a bunch of awesome books, such as Find Your Strengths, A Conneticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court, and Drive: The Science of Motivation.

According to the "StrengthFinder Test" (made by some old dude), my biggest strengths are defined as: Wooer (meeting and talking to new people) Includer (bringing people together), Positivity, Connectedness (seeing similar connections), and Input (wanting to learn about a bunch of topics).   Makes sense, I'll have to put it into practice...

-Met several good friends at my kung-fu/karate class, including Hugh, Josh, and James.  These folks will have to join me on adventures, or else I'll be victim to cows, sheep, and other bovine creatures.  It's easy to jump into parties and meet a bunch of folks, but I'm excited to get a car soon so I go wherever I want outside of christchurch (an insanely tempting thought).

-Started a daily regiment of working out 2 hours a day, and waking up at 7:30, and meditating at 10:00  With no one at the house except me though, it's a bit hard to get motivated to do everything according to plan.

You may be saying to yourself...what?!  Where's the skydiving, and crazy stories about running with Maori gangs and running from Ostriches in Australia?!  Where's the Excitement!!? :O

Well my friends, it's coming, for the last few weeks I've have to really budget myself while my check has cleared, and it's been an interesting experience to live on just a food budget...but soon, the fun can begin.

That's why....next month, starting February 5th, Cheyne Hewison and I are starting a 30 day youtube challenge where we immerse ourselves in a skill, and have to spend 6-8 hours a day for a month learning it.
Our first challenge, martial arts/ultimate fighting.  Jesus.
Me in 1 month, stoked!


And with that, my ass is hopping on a bike and heading towards the highest point in canterbury, enough of this computer business.

And one more thing,
start your day, or end it with this video, it might open your eyes to the beauty of life:


No comments:

Post a Comment